Saturday, September 10, 2011

Italia Giugno

Before my vacation began I chaperoned 15 students (11 girls, four boys), along with my friend and colleague Michael, on a week long trip to Roma and Firenze.  These students had taken the course called Art, Society and Literature.  (And judging by the knowledge they displayed,as we toured museums and hsitorical sites, they learned a lot.)


The trip was exhasting and expensive. (Chaperones covered their own meals, museum admissions and in country transportation, which ran up quite a tab.) But I love Italy always and it was fun to get to know some older RC students in this way.  Many of these kids were really the cream of the RC crop, so I was impressed at where they were after 4 years at our school.


At the Coliseum



Dinner in a private room at a ristorante

In the Pantheon

No comments:

Post a Comment