Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Holiday

Today was an Istanbul holiday marking the liberation of the city during WWI.  It was grey and fallish and we didn't really do much.  Late in the afternoon I took a walk around campus and in the neighborhood of Kurucesme which is just a 2 minute walk from our flat through the alumni club.

Walking in some of the places at RC is like walking in a woodsy park.  I hardly saw anyone and I finally found my way through a somewhat circuitous route to the Plateau.  It's the RC track and maybe the highest point on campus.  I posted a picture of the Bosphorus view from there.

Alas, the shipment has still not been delivered.  I cooked fettucine carbonara tonight (substituting sucuk for pancetta) and caesar salad (homemade dressing and croutons) It came out very well, but it's a challenge with the kitchen equipment I've got.  What I can't wait for from the shipment:  garlic press, pasta pot, a large skillet, and a big bowl. Though fallish, we still are managing with very light bedclothes but I'm looking forward to having a comforter and some sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment